Training for a 5k for the first time ever

I have lost 30lbs and have about 100lbs to lose still. I signed up for a 5k that's 4 months away. If I have to walk all of it or some of it - fine. But i'm going to train really hard (as hard as I personally can) so that I can hopefully run the whole thing. I am using this training schedule from mayoclinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/5k-run/art-20050962

How I've already taken a few steps for mild success..

I have cut out daily soda intake. I have realized it is a trigger food for me. Speaking of trigger foods, or what I used to lovingly call "crunch", I have needed to totally stay away from mine. I don't have the will power to only eat a healthy or reasonable portion of my trigger foods. It ALWAYS leads to a binge. I have found that if I stay away from my trigger foods, my need to binge goes way down and I enjoy longer periods of success.

I downloaded myfitnesspal. Even if I slip up and eat way too much I sit there and put in every calorie. It has been eye opening to see just how many calories a binge is worth.

One mess up doesn't mean the whole day has to be a mess up. If I over eat at lunch, I don't have to over eat all day. On the flip side, if I over eat at lunch I don't starve the rest of the day. For me this leads to binging. I take a mess up for what it is and try to hit a healthy calorie goal next meal even if i'm slightly over for the whole day. Sometimes I like to think about it like this... If I screw up for lunch, I still eat right for dinner because between dinner, breakfast and lunch the next day, I'll have had a rounded 24 hours.

WATER WATER WATER. Need I say more?

I try to be most productive and on goal at the very beginning and end of the day. If I start right, it's easier to end right.

These have all been little things that I have done over a period of time but I feel like I am changing for good. Exercise is just the next step I am personally taking. I want to do this so I can live my life and enjoy my children. I want to live life the way I WANT to live; not live life around trying to eat as much as possible; around binging. I want to live on purpose. Deliberately. Joyfully. I want to live.


-> Learn the easy way to loose fat


Comments