NSV & SV I notice when I am not hungry rather than stress eating.

SW: 82.3kg CW: 77.9kg GW: 60kg

I am finally on a downward trend after struggling with weight loss for years. I have been trying to diet for about 10 years, sometimes I was successful but always put the weight back on. I was one of those people that felt controlled by the food I was eating, stress eating and wondering how others can be so put together while dieting. Now I feel I am one of those people.

Yes I want pizza; but I want to lose weight more.

No I don't want to eat, I am not hungry I'm just bored/stressed.

Yes I am hungry, but I wont die if I don't eat.

No I don't want to exercise, I want to be lazy, but exercise will make me feel great.

By thinking like this, practicing mindfulness, I now get hungry less and feel in control of my food and I decide what I eat. I am no longer controlled by my cravings. Treats are now actually treats and nor normal everyday food. I am okay with being uncomfortable for the short term for the long term.

So after using the above mentioned I also added a reward system I didn't expect to work but actually did. I created a reward chart of daily, weekly, monthly and goal completing rewards:

Daily ----- The satisfaction of feeling great, go me!

Weekly ----- Low calorie treat (a mocha, fruit)

Monthly ----- A high calorie treat (cake, pizza)

Goal Completion ----- 12 weeks of success (Non food treat like a new book ect)

Using this helped me enjoy good food but not overload on it. It uses the satisfaction of doing well as a reward rather than seeing the restriction of food as a punishment. I began noticing how exercising makes me feel more and using that as a reward to doing exercise when I don't want to.

Before I always thought being thinner would be impossible, no matter how much I dieted and exercised I would never lose weight. I realised that I was simply just not trying hard enough, I was lieing to myself.

Now it is an achievable goal that I am working towards and I will not lose sight of it.

I feel great.


-> Learn the easy way to loose fat


Comments